Monday, October 8, 2007

Lesotho


Typical Lesotho house
** Lesotho **
My next mission was to travel across Lesotho, to see how different lifewas in the mountains. I attempted hitching from South Africa, butresorted to the minibuses again to travel up the amazing Sani Pass - a4WDroad that winds its way up to Lesotho. I stayed in the small andisolated town of Mokhotlong, where people were walking all over theroad. The town was very simple with a couple of basic shops thatsupported the neighbouring villagers from simple farms. They mostlylived in small round stone houses with thatched roofing. I stayed in aguest house where you wash in buckets and use pit toilets.
I then got delayed in another interesting Lesotho town, as I waited fora minibus to Johannesburg. The town was quite disgusting and hadnumerous shops or street side stalls that had the latest local musiccraze blasting out onto the road.

No comments: